Re: International partners describe global alliance to enable secure sharing of genomic and clinical data (with several references to W3C)

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 1:15 AM, Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at> wrote:

> **
> What is remarkable is that the white paper makes several references to the
> W3C as a model that inspires how they want to build this alliance. I wonder
> if they also considered doing this AS PART of the W3C? Or if someone at W3C
> gave that consideration?

The intended scope seems much broader than the technical standards that the
W3C deals with.  They intend to tackle regulatory and other aspects as well
as the technical standards.

In addition to the mentions of W3C, Tim Berners-Lee is explicitly credited
in the acknowledgements.  I'm betting the W3C doesn't see this as
competitive at all.

Tom