Re: Identifiers (was Notes from today's meeting)

From: Joachim Baran <joachim.baran@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 07:12:58 -0400
Cc: Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com>, Jerven Bolleman <me@jerven.eu>, "public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
To: Alasdair J G Gray <Alasdair.Gray@manchester.ac.uk>
Hello,

On 2013-06-04, at 5:27 AM, Alasdair J G Gray <Alasdair.Gray@manchester.ac.uk> wrote:
> Again, there is a scoping problem. Prefixes are locally scoped and must be defined.
  At least in life sciences, there are the Gene Ontology abbreviations for cross-referenced databases: http://www.geneontology.org/doc/GO.xrf_abbs

  That document defines a wide range of prefixes, base URIs and URI templates for resolving relevant identifiers, and provides regexps for validating the syntax of identifiers.

  I think that the GO xrefs are extremely useful and would be on Michel's side on including them.

Best wishes,
Joachim