From: Sivaram Arabandi, MD [sivaram.arabandi@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:03 AM
To: RebholzSchuhmann
Cc: Joanne Luciano; David Booth; public-semweb-lifesci; Michel Dumontier; Conor Dowling; Rafael Richards
Subject: Re: Opening Walled Gardens: RDF / Linked Data as the Universal Exchange  Language of Healthcare

Agree with this and want to add one more - this statement from the document:
        "Meaningful Use currently mandates a patchwork of idiosyncratic formats, such as HL7, CCD/ C32, CCR, NCPDP SCRIPT, C-CDA and QRDA. While such formats provide a degree of machine processability, in comparison, RDF offers significant advantages:"

        - How can you compare RDF to these models? Surely you can serialize data that conforms to these standards into RDF, no?

thanks
Sivaram
Sivaram Arabandi, MD, MS
ONTOPRO