Re: Wikipathways presentation: Google Hangout - 10 participant limit

Hi,

Actually many more people can watch the presentation via YouTube streaming
if the Hangout On Air option is selected.

I personally like Google Hangouts for many reasons such as the recording
for YouTube.  While only 10 people can be in the Hangout, there are ways to
setup for live chat so that anyone can ask questions as well.  The big
reason, it is available on all platforms no matter where you are as long as
you have an Internet connection.   Great tool, but like all good tools it
does require a bit of planning and familiarity.

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 9:35 AM, M. Scott Marshall
<mscottmarshall@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm afraid that I hadn't checked with Andra (the presenter) whether it
> would be ok and so didn't select the "air" option for a youtube recording
> this time. If there is a next time, I will clear that ahead of time.

Thanks.

> Andra - if you get a chance to make a short screen recording, I think
> there are lots of folks interested (could come in handy for SWAT4LS too).
> I'm attaching Andra's presentation slides.

Thank you.

> Other options for the future that we discussed at the end of the meeting
> were: WebEx (through MIT), GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar (through IO
> Informatics). Andra had suggested http://join.me but I couldn't find a
> mention of Linux support on their web page.

They do not support Linux.   Which is a big deal for some of us.

> Suggested criteria for screen sharing programs:
> * All platforms: Linux, Windows, Mac, (Android, iPad)
> * All major browsers
> * quick link to meeting
> * quick, small install of plugin
> * ability to record
> * ability to chat and log chat (could not recover the chat from our Google
> Hangout yesterday!)

Time well spent with these tutorials:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvdhSH3nGZI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1_c6r-rT8o

http://mashable.com/2012/07/20/google-plus-hangout-on-air/

Cheers,
Tim

Timothy Cook, MSc           +55 21 94711995
MLHIM http://www.mlhim.org
Like Us on FB: https://www.facebook.com/mlhim2
Circle us on G+: http://goo.gl/44EV5
Google Scholar: http://goo.gl/MMZ1o