Re: RDF Schema / LODD mapping -- Re: New proposal: health & medical extensions to schema.org

Hi Simon,

The schema wasn't designed with that use case in mind -- it's focused on
marking up public information on the web for search use cases, not for
coding or exchange of clinical data. It might be extensible to a version of
that use case, if complemented with requirements for use of well-defined
coding systems tied to external enumerations (like ICD or Snomed, RxNorm,
etc). But it'd probably be better to use a purpose-built representation for
clinical data transfer, like HL7 CDA / CCD or CCR, coupled with a
patient-readable form of the discharge notes; standards like these offer
greater precision in the specification of clinical data.

--Aaron