Curation and annotation tools used by the databases

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 18:26:26 +0200, Franco Du Preez wrote:
> Thanks again to Mike for presenting today. At the end of the
> discussion there was a question about the tools used by the BioModels
> team to annotate models in their database. I just wanted to add that
> at JWS Online we make use of a web-service hosted by SemanticSBML
> (http://www.semanticsbml.org) to help our users to annotate their
> models (part of the JWS Online OneStop model builder at
> http://jjj.bio.vu.nl).

Hi Franco,

My apologies for the delayed reply.  semanticSBML is indeed very cool.  I didn't realize you were using it in JWS Online.  Excellent!

Regarding the topic of what does the BioModels DB team use, I asked, and they are in the process of updating the page at

  http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels-main/annotationtips

with more information to answer the question about the tools they use.  Viji says that the page will be ready this week.  I'll report back when there's an update.

Best regards,
MH
--
Mike Hucka, Ph.D. -- mhucka@caltech.edu -- http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~mhucka
Computing and Mathematical Sciences, California Institute of Technology,