RE: semantic web services review?

I did a large review of them in anticipation of a project at mdacc.  It seems like they sort of peaked 5-6 years ago.  I did do some of my own work, mainly focused around discovery and navigation by transforming WSDL to a simplified version of

Check out

*         Artemis: Deploying Semantically Enriched Web Services in the Health Care Domain (2004)

*         Brinigng Semantics to Web Services (2003 IEEE)

*         Planning for Semantic Web Services

*         Semantic Web Services (google Sheila McIlraith)

I think these are the common SWS Standards
*          OWL-S,
*          WSML
*          SA-WSDL<http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/> (the standard)
*          SSWAP<http://sswap.info/protocol.jsp> (wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSWAP>) lightweight, document-centric protocol

I have a quick power point about some of the work I did, which I can send you if you are interested.

Best,
Matt Vagnoni, MS
Sr Data Modeler
CAI at MDACC