Re: Minimum information about a mutation

Hi - Following on from the earlier thread
I am pleased to let you know that the supplement “Proceedings of the
European Conference on Computational Biology (ECCB) 2010 Workshop:
Annotation, interpretation and management of mutation (AIMM)” has been
published today. The full content of the supplement can be found at
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12?issue=S4.

Characterization of pathogenic germline mutations in human Protein Kinases
Jose MG Izarzugaza, Lisa EM Hopcroft, Anja Baresic, Christine A Orengo,
Andrew CR Martin, Alfonso Valencia
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12(Suppl 4):S1 (5 July 2011)
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/S4/S1

Genome-wide prediction of splice-modifying SNPs in human genes using a new
analysis pipeline called AASsites
Kirsten Faber, Karl-Heinz Glatting, Phillip J Mueller, Angela Risch, Agnes
Hotz-Wagenblatt
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12(Suppl 4):S2 (5 July 2011)
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/S4/S2

Improving the prediction of disease-related variants using protein
three-dimensional structure
Emidio Capriotti, Russ B Altman
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12(Suppl 4):S3 (5 July 2011)
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/S4/S3

Challenges in the association of human single nucleotide polymorphism
mentions with unique database identifiers
Philippe E Thomas, Roman Klinger, Laura I Furlong, Martin Hofmann-Apitius,
Christoph M Friedrich
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12(Suppl 4):S4 (5 July 2011)
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/S4/S4

A formalized description of the standard human variant nomenclature in
Extended Backus-Naur Form
Jeroen F J Laros, André Blavier, Johan T den Dunnen, Peter E M Taschner
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12(Suppl 4):S5 (5 July 2011)
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/S4/S5

Deploying mutation impact text-mining software with the SADI Semantic Web
Services framework
Alexandre Riazanov, Jonas Bergman Laurila, Christopher JO Baker
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12(Suppl 4):S6 (5 July 2011)
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/12/S4/S6

Chris