Re: Evidence of Significance of Semantic Web for Life Sciences

Hi Oliver,

I think it's hard to find this form of "breakthrough evidence" and this may even be counterproductive to convince people.
If you present a high-level, breakthrough result (say, we save lives), than you leave two open questions:
- how much of this is dependent on the computational support ?
- ok, they used semantic web technologies, could we use something else ?

Another way to go would be to measure results over resources (benefits is economic) or adoption (benefit is potential for economies of scale).
There is a wide range of sources to cite about this out of the biomedical world, from companies to governments.

Look for "Biomedical Semantics in the Semantic Web" in JBS, we write something about adoption, you may find some link/inspiration there.

ciao,
Andrea