RE: Evidence of Significance of Semantic Web for Life Sciences

Hi,
I am not sure that I know of an article on exactly what you are looking for. However, I thought you may be interested in looking into one of our recent articles in BMC Bioinformatics and also at some of the references available within it.
This article's focus is especially on enabling computational cell biology through shared federated data resources envisaged by Semantic Web community.
I am also enclosing a preprint which can also be downloaded from the Biomedcentral site given below.

For any additional questions you may also contact the authors listed in the publication.

With regards,
T N Bhat

New concepts for building vocabulary for cell image ontologies
BMC Bioinformatics 2011, 12:487 doi:10.1186/1471-2105-12-487
Anne L Plant (anne.plant@nist.gov)
John T Elliott (john.elliott@nist.gov)
Talapady N Bhat (talapady.bhat@nist.gov)
ISSN 1471-2105