Re: Language

I'd suggest looking at the US National Library of Medicine's Unified Medical Language System (UMLS):

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/

It is, among other things, a metathesaurus of biomedical language built from a couple dozen source vocabularies. I'm pretty sure that there's at least one dutch vocabulary in there, but I mostly use the English and Spanish vocabs. It can definitely be used to map terms from one language to another, especially if they're from the same vocabulary (e.g. SNOMED-CT/English and SNOMED-CT/Spanish), but for a variety of reasons it's not particularly useful for simple dictionary-style translation- each vocabulary has its own "view of the world", as it were, and while the editors do a good job of mapping terms from one to another, there's always a loss of resolution even within a single language, let alone across multiple languages (although English and Dutch are close enough cousins that it might not be so bad).

The UMLS also has a semantic network mapping terms to one another (i.e., "Peanut Allergy" is a "Food Allergy" which is a "Disease or Condition", etc.), so once you've mapped your text to UMLS terms you've got a semantic model to work with. It's not directly exposed as RDF triples, but I know that various people have tried various things to expose UMLS data in a semantic-web-friendly way. For example, the US National Center for Biomedical Ontology has the BioPortal web service: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Let me know if you want more information...

-SB