RE: magetab2magerdf

hi helena and jim,

this is what i see in E-MEXP-986.rdf which seems a nice way to capture
this information:

                  <j.0:Scan
rdf:about=".#scanname/ebi.ac.uk:MIAMExpress:Hybridization:24902">

                    <j.0:has_derivative>

                      <j.0:ArrayDataMatrix
rdf:about=".#arraydatamatrixfile/E-MEXP-986-raw-data-1321832734.txt">

                        <j.0:has_comment>

                          <j.0:Comment
rdf:about=".#arraydatamatrixfile/E-MEXP-986-raw-data-1321832734.txt/comm
ents/1">

                            <j.1:has_value
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"

>ftp://ftp.ebi.ac.uk/pub/databases/microarray/data/experiment/MEXP/E-MEX
P-986/E-MEXP-986.raw.zip</j.1:has_value>

                            <j.1:has_name
rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#string"

                            >ArrayExpress FTP file</j.1:has_name>

it has the name of the file then a reference to the name of the
ArrayExpress FTP file.

but the problem seems to be that ArrayDataMatrix is referencing the
'Derived Array Data Matrix File' column (which is different than a
'Array Data Matrix File' column) when it should be referencing the
'Array Data File' column, there is a nested DerivedArrayDataMatrix
element which does look correct.  above looks like
E-MEXP-986-raw-data-1321832734 should be an ArrayDataFile element with a
value of '2d1S15.txt.txt', not sure how the name of the file was gotten,
there is no mention in the SDRF of a file of that name but it is similar
in name to the file in the Derived Array Data Matrix file.   There is no
mention of '2d1S15.txt.txt', the correct name, anywhere in the file.

plus there also seems to be unnecessary duplication, i.e. there's a
nested repeat of ArrayDataMatrix and DerivedArrayDataMatrix elements?
but this might be an artifice of XML RDF?

does XML RDF allow referencing an element that is fully defined
elsewhere?  that would make things a lot clearer and concise.

but this is a great start.

cheers,

michael