Re: Wait a sec...What about the HL7 RIM An Universal Exchange Language

Peter - as an FYI, the system at this end point (
http://vista.caregraf.org/rambler/2 ) is running a "flavor" of SPARQL (more
here: http://www.caregraf.org/semanticvista ) that returns triples from
VistA and RPMS (both of which are built around the MUMPS based FileMan).

The idea was to treat these existing stores as triple stores, in the raw -
there's no caching or clever mapping. Every statement embedded in the MUMPS
arrays is treated a triple. We go from VistA based RDF to RIM based RDF and
then make CCDs (among other things).

The patient extraction process (through to CCDs) has been certified for
meaningful use and is running on a VistA (MUMPS store) with 200K patients,
10M+ documents, 10M+ vitals, ... and on an RPMS with 50K patients. Because
querying is light and native, it's fast and flexible. You avoid all the
middleware layering commonly used in these situations. We do CCDs because
that's what the federal government want on the NHIN, but that XML only comes
at the edge of the process and is merely one "report", not intrinsic to the
process itself.

I'm just in the middle of something now but I'll mail some RDF around
tomorrow.

Conor