Re: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

From: Mark <markw@illuminae.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:23:49 -0700
To: Michel_Dumontier <Michel_Dumontier@carleton.ca>, public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 09:11:48 -0700, Michel_Dumontier
<Michel_Dumontier@carleton.ca> wrote:

> (although it's unclear from
> your website whether services are *actually* described in an OWL
> document or they just refer to OWL types).

Both/either  (assuming that I understood your question)

The service interfaces are defined as OWL classes.  If you chose to point
to an existing OWL class (with or without a formal definition of it's
property restrictions) that's fine, though the while system works better
if you don't do that.

> People still have to commit to the corresponding semantics at some
> point. Right?

People have to commit to an agreement on the intent/meaning of
predicates.  Nothing more.