RE: blog: semantic dissonance in uniprot

Mark,
 It's clear that the declaration and accurate description of domain
terminology is essential. In the hands of curators or other KA
approaches, this creates structural knowledge. Linked data efforts need
ontologies for typing. The SADI framework requires its associated
services to do this *explicitly*, before one goes about the process of
discovery with arbitrary data and services (although it's unclear from
your website whether services are *actually* described in an OWL
document or they just refer to OWL types). Anyways, it's reasoning over
OWL ontologies that gives SADI its *knowledge* discovery capability.
People still have to commit to the corresponding semantics at some
point. Right?

-=Michel=-