Re: DBpedia to OBO mapping: did someone already work on it?

Matthias Samwald wrote:
> Question: Does a mapping between DBpedia and the OBO ontologies exist?
> Has someone already invested some time in doing this, or at least
> reviewed how to best approach it?
>
> Given the central position of DBpedia in the linked data cloud and its
> rich content in the biomedical domain, creating such a mapping is an
> obvious (and very useful) thing to do.
>

> Cheers,
> Matthias Samwald
>
> DERI Galway, Ireland
> http://deri.ie/
>
> Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria
> http://kli.ac.at/

Matthias,

If it hasn't been done by the Bio2RDF or NeuroCommons folks, then one
for you.

A quick way to determine if anything exists is to query the instance at:
http://lod.openlinksw.com (which is a Virtuoso instance hosting 80% of
the LOD cloud; actually most of the really large data sets are there
already including LODD, Uniprot, Bio2RDF, NeuroCommons, etc..).

Just put in a text pattern, then use the "usage analysis" link to see
details about cross linkage etc..

Now that the instance is reaching a point of stability, we can turn our
attention to a VoiD graph that describes this huge Linked Data space.

Naturally, the SPARQL endpoint is at: http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql  .

--

Regards,

President & CEO