Re: [BioRDF] BioSIOC / aTag task

Hi Tim,

Of course, I will take every measure to coordinate what I am doing with the
scientific discourse task, as well as the BioRDF and LODD tasks. I am trying
to participate on all of the conference calls of these tasks, even though it
can be a bit difficult sometimes. I think having an overly strong division
between the different tasks did not work that well in the last charter of
the HCLS IG (where we started out with several tasks, which mostly converged
to a single task during the course of the two years). Therefore I try to
follow all of the task forces (with the exception of COI in the recent
months, but that might change).

BioRDF seemed like a better choice for being an official umbrella for that
work, since it involves the conversion of large amounts of biomedical
datasets into RDF/OWL, does not involve discourse representation (but
connects to it) and is not specifically focused on drug information. I will
discuss and coordinate any part of the project that might be relevant for
scientific discourse and drug information with the Scientific Discourse and
LODD task force members in the respective conference calls.

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald

DERI Galway, Ireland
http://deri.ie/

Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria
http://kli.ac.at/