  From: Helena Deus
  To: Kei Cheung
  Cc: mdmiller ; HCLS
  Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2009 3:27 PM
  Subject: Re: BioRDF Telcon

  Hi Kei,

  Furtunatelly arrayexpress provides both the IDF and SDRF for that acession number, at http://www.ebi.ac.uk/microarray-as/ae/browse.html?keywords=E-GEOD-4757

  I have a small RDF document of that IDF at http://magetab2rdf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/E-GEOD-4757.idf.rdf

  Thanks
  Lena

  On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Kei Cheung <kei.cheung@yale.edu> wrote:

    Hi Lena,

    Helena Deus wrote:

      @Kei,

         When you said data structure, did you mean the RDF structure

      For now, all I have is the java object returned by parser. I've been using Limpopo, which creates an object that I can then parse to RDF uing Jena. The challenge, though, has been coming up with the predicates to formalize the relationships between the various elements. I'm using the XML structures fir IDF/SDRF etc. at http://magetab-om.sourceforge.net to automatically generate the structure that will contain the data. My plan is to then create the RDF triples that use the attributes described in those documents and populate them with the data from the MAGE-TAB java object created by Limpopo.

    Thanks for the pointer and explaining your strategy. We might not need to convert everything from mage-tab for our purposes.

      Right now all I have is a very raw RDF/XML document describing the relationships in the IDF structure: http://magetab2rdf.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/magetabpredicates.rdf
      The triples for that had to be encoded manually using Jena by reading the model.

    I think IDF is a good start. For a real example for our use case, I wonder if any mage-tab file is available for experiment E-GEOD-4757 (transcription profiling of human neurons with and without neurofibriallary tangles from Alzheimer's patients). Helen may know.

    Cheers,

    -Kei

      @Satya and Jun

      I would very much like to be involved in that effort, do you already have a URL that I can look at?

      Thanks
      Lena