Re: BioRDF Telcon

Hi Lena,

Thanks for finding the IDF and SDRF files corresponding to the
experiment (E-GEOD-4757). It looks like the SDRF file contains richer
metadata that can support richer semantic queries across experiments
(e.g., finding experiments that involve the same cell types for the
same/related brain regions for the same species).

I noticed in the SDRF file that there are 20 samples (10 normal and 10
AD with neurofibriallary tangle). According to the abstract of the paper
(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16242812?dopt=Abstract), it says the
following:

" ... we compared gene expression profiles of NFT-bearing entorhinal
cortex neurons from 19 AD patients, adjacent non-NFT-bearing entorhinal
cortex neurons from the same patients, and non-NFT-bearing entorhinal
cortex neurons from 14 non-demented, histopathologically normal controls
(ND). "

If I understand it correctly, there should be a total of 33 samples (19
AD and 14 normal). This may be more of a curation question for the
ArrayExpress team. Maybe I missed something.

Cheers,

-Kei