Re: An application of the Semantic Web for finding alternative drug applications

Thanks for sharing the papers, Eric. I went through some of the papers
including the one you mentioned (interestingly there is a paper on
wiki). I think they're interesting. They reminded me of "mining for the
semantic web" (ontology learning?) and "mining from the semantic web"
(data mining). For biological networks, we need to do both semantic and
topological queries. It might be difficult to achieve the latter using
SPARQL (e.g., finding protein hubs). Maybe we need some extensions of
SPARQL.

Best,

-Kei