Re: FYI: Workshop proceedings available for "Signs, Symptoms and Findings: First Steps Toward an Ontology of Clinical Phenotypes"

Hi Chime, et al,

Thanks for pointing out the workshop. I was there too. I think it's
interesting to see how this type of sign, symptom, clinical findings
ontology development might relate to some the clinical
vocabularies/ontologies (e.g., UMLS) that have been explored/discussed
in this interest group. In addition, Gene Ontology was mentioned in the
workshop. I think GO has the potential to bridge with some of the
clinical phenotypes to support translational medicine.

Also, I met a CDISC person (who might have already talked to Chime) at
the workshop, who indicated interest in also participating in this
interest group. For example, CDISC might be relevant to the conversion
of clinicaltrial.gov data into semantic web format.

Best,

-Kei