Re: BioRDF Telcon / HCLS KB

Dear all,

I am not sure if I can make the BioRDF call today, so I give a short update
via e-mail:

I have updated the HCLS KB Virtuoso triplestore at DERI to the 5.0.8 version
of Virtuoso, which comes with some performance improvements. I also updated
the content of the knowledge base to the newest version of the Neurocommons
Knowledge Base (which is an updated version of the 'Banff demo' data that
the HCLS KB consisted of so far). The current address of the triplestore is
http://hcls.deri.ie:8080/sparql
but I will probably change the port to 80 later on.

I am also working on creating a nicer portal / user interface for the KB,
based on Drupal and potentially the Science Collaboration Framework
(http://sciencecollaboration.org/).

We should probably start thinking about additional datasets that we want to
integrate into our KB, and about defining processes and policies for its
extensions and maintenance. Furthermore, we should find strategies to align
our efforts with projects such as BioGateway
(http://www.semantic-systems-biology.org/biogateway) and LinkedLifeData
(http://www.linkedlifedata.com/).

Cheers,
Matthias Samwald

DERI Galway, Ireland
http://deri.ie/

Konrad Lorenz Institute for Evolution & Cognition Research, Austria
http://kli.ac.at/