Re: KB Note

The use of ontologies, whether they are industry standards
or master data, can facilitate data mapping by providing a
more commonly understood language. If both source and
target systems map thier low-level schema into a commonly
shared ontology this can facilitate (semi)automated data
mapping. I say semi-automated becuase in OWLs current state
it does not provide data profiles needed for cleansing the
data structure.

Steve