Re: [COI] Clinical Observations Interoperability Telcon January 15 2008

Vipul,

I was responding to Helen's request for information about  "a good
ontology version of RIM/CDA"

I think Alan Rector's paper is still relevant to your use case. My
understanding is that, in his view,  HL7/RIM/CDA are *information
model* constructs that use *terminology codes*  that are induced/have
bindings from ontology or *model of reality" things. So if you are
modeling eligibility criteria using HL7RIM/CDA, most of the items in
your spreadsheets are terminology codes, not entities in an ontology.

There are so many ways to model eligibility criteria.  I am not sure I
understand "filling this table with HL7/RIM/CDA constructs." The RIM
Acts have criterion mood. So an eligibility criterion involving "Serum
Creatine," for example, can be an Observation Act in criterion mood
with code = a terminology code for Serum Creatinine and value = an
interval of Physical Quantity (and maybe effectiveTime to express
temporal constraint. Presumably Tom Marley's OWL ITS of the HL7 RIM
would give you such a RIM construct the criterion in OWL syntax.
(Alternatively, you can use GELLO to write the criterion). Using OWL
expressions to model eligibility criteria is another matter. I
apologize if these comments reflect my ignorance about what you are
doing.  I am not familiar with prior discussions about the spreadsheet.

Samson