	From: Samson Tu [mailto:swt@stanford.edu]
	Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:57 PM
	To: helen.chen@agfa.com
	Cc: Kashyap, Vipul; public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
	Subject: Re: [COI] Clinical Observations Interoperability Telcon January
15 2008

	Tom Marley and Alan Rector, under a consultancy contract with NHS CfH,
have successfully encoded a significant subset of HL7 RIM and NHS messages and
message fragments in OWL. According to [1], Tom Marley is preparing an OWL ITS
of the HL7 RIM and data types based on this work. A conference paper describing
this work generically is available at [2].

	[1]
http://detailedclinicalmodels.org/wiki/index.php?title=Model_Formalism#OWL
	[2]
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Erector/papers/krmed2006-rector-binding-ontologies-to-
ehrs.pdf

	Samson

	helen.chen@agfa.com wrote:

		Vipul and all

		Sorry I will not be able to dial in today due to a time
conflict.

		I started to put up a wiki to examine some previous effort on
converting RIM/CDA  to RDF/OWL for semantic web reasoning.  The page is here

http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability/HL7CDA2OWL.htm
l?action=show

		I will add more content later this afternoon.   Please feel free
to add links if you know a good ontology version of RIM/CDA.

		Regards.

		Helen

	--
	Samson Tu                                   email: swt@stanford.edu
	Senior Research Scientist                   web: www.stanford.edu/~swt/

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.