COI Functional Requirements - ways to implement them

Hi Vipul -

Your functional requirements spreadsheet for a "recruitment" use
case seems to be developing fine in its center rows.  To make a
real impact, however, such mappings must migrate to executables
that can actually suggest real patients as profile candidates.

I've been exploring designs that can implement your spreadsheet
rows as a web service of "predicates" helpful to achieving this.
The simplest design [1] just wraps a shell of customized JSPs
that can make such mappings around any working EMR system.

To support patient-matching for any protocol of interest, a user
must also describe that protocol's goals.  A browser-based web app
[2] can help input parameters to automate a recurring EMR search,
which seems to me about what is optimal in practice.

   [1] see "EMR Wrappers" under BIONTDSEDCM Use Case Scenarios
   [2] see "Search Agents" under BIONTDSEDCM Use Case Scenarios

I'd like to discuss both in Tuesday's telcon, as proposals for
the F2F brainstorming session about next steps.  Questions and
feedback coming first by email from the group would be welcome.

best regards,
Dan Corwin