Re: OWLED 2007 is nigh

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> See the eponymous post:
>     http://clarkparsia.com/weblog/2007/05/28/owled-2007-is-nigh/
>
> I know several of you will be attending...I'm looking forward to meeting
> y'all.
>
> As the blog post above says, I'm interested in any suggestions from
> *anyone* (attendee or not) for features or topics they would like raised
> during the "standardization" sessions. There are *90* people registered
> thus far, so it's a good opportunity to get your issue or pet peeve
> vetted by a diverse and OWL-committed audience.

I'd be very interested to hear what owners of publically-used OWL
namespaces hope for from the W3C rules / RIF work, eg. whether
publishing some kind of RIF data via their namespace documents is
something the OWL community care about. And in general, pet-peeve-wise
... to get a sense of issues around integration across W3C standards
(SPARQL/RIF/OWL/SKOS/GRDDL/RDFa/etc) as they're seen from an OWL
perspective.

I'd also like to hear whether there are any emerging conventions for
ontologies that have an OWL-Full form to also publish an OWL-DL version
(eg. content negotiation? linked from namespace, etc). I know for eg
that DL-ized versions of Dublin Core and FOAF are floating around, there
are probably others too. What can be done to improve that situation,
beyond migrating everything to pure DL?

Sounds like a good event, sorry I can't be there...

cheers,

Dan