Re: Advancing translational research with the Semantic Web

  MK> Regarding “reification design patterns” and the reification &
  MK> OWL (not the thorny logic-based representation of beliefs et
  MK> al), permit me to mention that support for n-ary relations
  MK> ---where n may also be >2--- in description logics is already
  MK> possible with DLR [1] and implemented with reasoner-support in
  MK> the iCOM tool (the tool may not live up to end-user-level
  MK> expectations on userfriendliness, but it works) [2].

Out of curiosity, can you describe how different or similar this is to
the result that you can achieve in the N-ary relation design pattern
for OWL?

Obviously, building things into the DL is nice, but it's not currently
representable in OWL, so would require tooling support, while the OWL
N-ary relation pattern doesn't.

Phil