Re: Banff demo

To break it down a bit more -

If the intent is to solely summarize the demo Alan gave as opposed to
the demo supplemented by Susie's introduction, here's the portion of
what is given below that was intended to summarize the PDF of Alan's
presentation - devoid of any context-setting or pedagogical
background that the SW techies may either not need or not care about:

"In this specific demo we focus on exploring the molecular pathology
of amyloid-driven damage in Alzheimer's disease.  We show how
SemWebTech can specifically aid in exploring dendritic cell biology
seeking candidate genes, proteins, molecular functions, and cellular
components effected by maturation of amyloid placques in dendrite-
rich neuropil.  We also demonstrate identification of potential drug
targets to treat AD-associated cortical Pyramidal cell
pathophysiology using a relevant domain-restricted ontology and an
RDF triple representation of related literature and bio-molecular
data repositories.  We demonstrate how a mashup combining query
results from an RDF triple representation describing the content of
the Allan Brain Atlas with the Google Maps interface can provide a
very flexible, alternative query and visualization framework to the
ABA's 20,000 gene-specific histologically imaged C57Bl/6J mouse
brains.  Finally, we use the Lisp Semantic Web (LSW) tool for real-
time interactive queries exploring a 200,000,000 triple repository of
MeSH annotated literature."

This is still probably still too dense and overlong but certainly
does distill what was in Alan's slides, so it might offer a
foundation via which the desired copy can be derived.

The other aspects that MAY be relevant are the admittedly rather
dense statements of what the demo was intended to illustrate (from
Susie's presentation) - and where this effort is already intended to
go in the future (some not future - but already present in some form):

intention:
"We demonstrate how SemWebTech excels at: fusing data across
scientific disciplines; more specifically representing experimental
evidence; re-combining original data in novel ways via inference and
querying at varying granularity levels; extensively characterizing
data inconsistencies; greatly extending automation of these tasks."

Future:
"Future work will extend this demonstration by adding OWL-based
ontologies describing several well-known neuroinformatics
repositories (e.g., SenseLab, the Brain Architecture Management
System (BAMS), the Cell-Centered Database (CCDB), PDSP Ki database),
linking to RDF triple views of their underlying data repositories,
and adding de novo constructed neuroscience RDF repositories such as
the SWAN-based Alzheimer Research Forum hypotheses collection.  We
will use these to more extensively explore Amyloid Precursor Protein
(APP) and plaque effects on various aspects of CNS nerve cell biology
- a major research focus seeking to uncover novel etiopathological
mechanisms in AD.  We will also demonstrate use of the ABA/Google
Maps mashup in other neuroinformatic tools - i.e., the Mouse BIRN
Atlasing Tool (MBAT)."

As Chico Marx once said ('Duck Soup', 1933), "I am a shut up now."

Cheers,
Bill