RE: UniProt RDF via HTTP

Eric,

First off, let me applaud your efforts and say they are very timely indeed, and we intend to use them as much as possible...

Eric Jain wrote:

> Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
>> Do you assign LSIDs to those resources too? If so is there a way to
>> figure out which are "yours" and which are "theirs"?
>
> One of the main reasons for using LSIDs was that I need proper URIs for all
> the resources we reference, and most resources have two meter long,
> frequently changing cgi-bin URLs (OK, I'm exaggerating, but not much).

I'm not sure this is true-- why not set up your uniprot server to do (internal) redirection similar to how purl.org works?
Then the url would be persistent and almost look like an lsid:  e.g., http://purl.uniprot.org/uniprot/P12345

> Moreover, what is "ours" and what is "theirs" isn't always clear (again,
> consider the taxonomy data, which is basically the NCBI taxonomy), though
> in general if it resolves to one of our servers, then it's probably ours.

In light of what steps Uniprot has taken, I hope our conversation with NCBI and a possible URI space go forwards...

cheers,
Eric