Re: ISMB Bio-Ontologies Meeting

Dear Kei et al,

I would like to remind you that the NETTAB 2007 workshop on Semantic
Web for Bioinformatics,
Naples, Italy, June 12-15, 2007, http://www.nettab.org/2007/ , also
has a BMC Bioinformatics Special Issue
associated to its best papers and posters.

The deadline for submitting posters is next May 8, 2007, but we can
wait for your submission, if you are interested.
Best posters will be "promoted" to oral communications and will be
invited to submit for the Special Issue through
a devoted Call that will be launched around end of June / begin of July.

Ciao. Paolo

>Date:  Tue, 01 May 2007 15:39:22 -0400
>From:  Kei Cheung <kei.cheung@yale.edu>
>To:  samwald@gmx.at
>Cc:  public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
>Subject:  Re: ISMB Bio-Ontologies Meeting
>Quoting Kei Cheung <kei.cheung@yale.edu>:
>

> > Hi Matthias et al,
> >
> > It looks like there is some interest in writing a group paper describing
> > the demo work that is currently going on. Some people have already
> > proposed a couple of options such as the following:
> >
> > 1. ISMB BioOnt Workshop whose proceedings will be published in a
> > supplement issue of BMC Bioinformatics (is there a publication cost?)
> > 2. Society for Neuroscience meeting (will it be published in a journal?)
> >
> > There are also other otpions. For example, there is a special issue
> > "Semantic BioMed Mashup" of the Journal of Biomedical Informatics
> > (http://www.elsevier.com/framework_products/promis_misc/jbi_semantic.pdf).
> > I have also seen community papers published in high-profile journals
> > such as Nature and Science. It depends on the quality of the work, but
> > it also depends on people's interest, commitment, availability ...
> >
> > The first HCLS paper (which will be published in BMC Bioinformatics
> > soon) talks about SW visions and use cases in the area of translational
> > medicine. A new paper paper (if we decide to write one) might focus on
> > the SW implementation of these visions and use cases. We have more
> > results now ...
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > -Kei

> > > How much time would we have left to write such a community paper? The
> > original deadline for submissions is May 1 (today).
> > >
> > > If some of us should decide to write such a community paper, I would
> > volunteer to coordinate the collaborative writing via Google
> Docs. Many of us
> > already have some practice in using this system, and I guess it would now
> > work better than the last time.
> > >
> > > -- Matthias Samwald
> > >

> > > .

Paolo Romano (paolo.romano@istge.it)
Bioinformatics and Structural Proteomics
National Cancer Research Institute (IST)
Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10, I-16132, Genova, Italy
Tel: +39-010-5737-288  Fax: +39-010-5737-295