Re: Spatial queries against GENSAT or ABA

Because it was easy to do a proof of concept with it, and because
there are lots of freely available code snippets[1] to add
functionality to it should we want to go in that direction. If you
had a look you can see that I didn't have to write much code, which
is the way I like it :)

Note that Google maps also browses a mostly 2d object. It just
happens that the 2d object is a sphere embedded in 3 space.
It is true that one can have protrusions, like buildings, but there
is no facility I'm aware of to view slices.

The Brain explorer[2] is a 3d interface. Eric N has suggested trying
to script it using applescript gui scripting or some similar
scripting mechanism.

[1] http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=google+maps
+extension&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
[2] http://www.brain-map.org/downloadExplorer.do