Re: Immunity of SW statements to changes in location - data integration use case

Matthias Samwald wrote:
> Can a database record have a molecular weight or be part of a protein
> complex? Can a protein be curated and added to a database?

You're assuming there are pure and absolute concepts of specific proteins
floating around somewhere, but as far as I am concerned, a "protein" such
as P12345 is nothing but a (somewhat) arbitrary, but useful set of physical
molecules. Such a set may be associated with all kinds of biological
properties, but it's also true that this set was created by one of our
curators, so I don't see the need for an additional distinction here?