Re: Immunity of SW statements to changes in location. Was: Re: URL +1, LSID -1

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> Yes, but how will we handle the case where some set of people make
> statements with the subject being
> http://beta.uniprot.org/entry/P12345 and another set makes statements
> about http://uniprot.org/entry/P12345. They are really talking about the
> same subject, but our semantic web agent won't know that. If we had used
> the PURL, then we wouldn't have a problem.

If you want to talk about the subject, you should use the representation
independent PURL. If you want to talk about a web page, the two pages are
quite different, no point in having a common PURL for the representations?