Re: Hosted Triple Store Oracle RDF DM - and access to BioRDF examples in general

Many thanks, Sean.

I understand the need for a resolver, but I'd thought I'd remembered
last Spring actually using this LSID plugin to look at the fruits of
all that wonderful work Eric had done on RDFizing UniProt, but I
guess that's just a memory phantom.  ;-)

By the way, I'm still not able to simply paste these lsid's into my
Firefox URL line.  I just noticed in the LSID plugin Preferences I'm
set to "Use Biopathways for DNS lookup".  Do I need to add Authority
Mappings in order to reach the proper resolvers for those "working"
LSIDs?

Thanks again for the remedial assistance.  I'm trying to move many
tasks forward in parallel here and have to pick my troubleshooting
battles carefully.  ;-)

Cheers,
Bill

On Jan 22, 2007, at 9:11 AM, Sean Martin wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>
> public-semweb-lifesci-request@w3.org wrote on 01/22/2007 06:21:19 AM:
>

> > William Bug wrote:
> > > Also - for loading remote LSID resources:
>
> > > It installed just fine, but when I try to access:
> > > urn:lsid:uniprot.org:keywords:462
> > >
> > > I get an error back claiming "unknown protocol".
>
> As Eric says this may be because there is no resolver for Uniprot
> id's provided by uniprot.org and you cannot expect to get any data
> for an LSID if nobody is providing service for it :-( OR when you
> have not cached a copy of it when they were. Of course if there
> actually had ever been data for urn:lsid:uniprot.org:keywords:462,
> one of your colleagues or someone on the net might have a copy of
> it that you are now capable of asking for by name.
>
> > Maybe this has something to do with the fact that we never set up a
> > resolver, but other identifiers don't seem to work, either:
> >
> > lsidres:urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:pubmed:12571434 returns "false"
> > lsidres:urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed:
> 12441807
> > returns "Error retreiving authority WSDL"
> > lsidres:urn:lsid:pdb.org:1AFT:1 returns "Error retreiving
> authority WSDL"
> >
> > Maybe a simpler resolution mechanism may not be a bad idea after
> all ;-)
>
> Why not go to the URL-LSID gateway at http://lsid-info.org/ and try
> resolving LSIDs that are actually backed by servers? It worked ok
> for me.
>
> urn:lsid:gdb.org:GenomicSegment:GDB132938
> urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed:12571434
> urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:genbank:30350027
>
> The one valid one that Eric tried works fine for me, both for data
> and metadata.
>
> http://lsid-info.org/
> urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed:12441807?
> returns:
>
> <rdf:RDF xmlns:j.
> 0="urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:types:" xmlns:j.
> 1="urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed-classes:"
> xmlns:j.2="urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed-
> predicates:" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-
> ns#" xmlns:rdfs="http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#"
> xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
> <rdf:Description rdf:nodeID="A0">
> <rdf:type
> rdf:resource="urn:lsid:ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.lsid.biopathways.org:pubmed-
> classes:MeshHeading" />
> <j.2:qualifierName rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/
> XMLSchema#string">genetics</j.2:qualifierName>
> <j.2:descriptorName rdf:datatype="http://www.w3.org/2001/
> XMLSchema#string">HIV-1</j.2:descriptorName>
> </rdf:Description>
> <rdf:Description rdf:nodeID="A1">... etc
>
> To see which LSIDs are backed by servers you can use the following
> URL syntax:
>
> http://lsid-info.org/host/<LSID>

> [...]

Bill Bug

www.neuroterrain.org