RE: Versioning vs Temporal modeling of Patient State

Is there any work in the literature related to:

- Defining what and when a version is?
- Do all updates necessarily lead to a new version?
- Is there a utility to instance versioning?

The observation about the utility of knowledge base update and revision is an
astute one. IMHO the utility of instance versioning is not clear either.

Just my 2 cents,

---Vipul

THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED IN THIS ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY TO WHOM IT IS ADDRESSED AND MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR PRIVILEGED MATERIAL.  ANY REVIEW, RETRANSMISSION, DISSEMINATION OR OTHER USE OF OR TAKING OF ANY ACTION IN RELIANCE UPON, THIS INFORMATION BY PERSONS OR ENTITIES OTHER THAN THE INTENDED RECIPIENT IS PROHIBITED.  IF YOU RECEIVED THIS INFORMATION IN ERROR, PLEASE CONTACT THE SENDER AND THE PRIVACY OFFICER, AND PROPERLY DISPOSE OF THIS INFORMATION.