Re: RDF resource name generation

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Alessio Carenini wrote:

> Hello all,
> I'm developing a semantic interoperability system, trying to aggregate
> data coming from various HL7 v.3 documents in order to build instances
> of other HL7 v.3 documents. I've done a rough mapping of the HL7 v.3 MIF
> files into OWL ontologies and I'm finishing the algorithm to convert XML
> documents into instances of HL7 v.3 ontology.
> My problem is the generation of the resource names in RDF instances. If
> I use only blank nodes while generating triples, I won't be able to
> merge RDF graphs.
> Could someone point me to some document/article where this issue is
> discussed?

I've been working on a (related?) similar effort to map HL7 RIM XML
documents to an ontology (so I'm very interested in this space).  With
regards to your question, merging non-lean graphs (is that the proper
term?) is mostly a matter of using terms that facilitate equivalence
(functional properties - specifically), otherwise it becomes a much more
difficult prospect.  You may find these links useful:

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/RdfSmushing
[2] http://esw.w3.org/topic/DeltaView

Chimezie Ogbuji
Lead Systems Analyst