RE: HCLS Demo at ISMB/ECCB, How to contribute to the demo?

Fantastic material Nigam (and co)!  I hope you don't mind if I use some
for my 4th year bioinformatics class :-)

Couple of points:

Problem: Asserting disjointness between classes that are definable.
Example (slide 100): Rural Area and Urban Area are disjoint; Woomera is
initially asserted to be a rural area, and it is later develops into an
urban area. How do you intend to manage this change? Will you then
create a new instance of Woomera, assert it as an urban area, and link
it to the rural Woomera? Better to not make these disjoint....

Problem: Ontology normalization.
Slide 108: "An InfectiousPneumonia is either a BacterialPneumonia or a
ViralPneumonia." An infectious pneumonia is a pneumonia caused by an
infectious agent. Rather that asserting the union of specific agent
caused pneumonia, one should instead define a class of infectious
agents. Thus, we can automatically discover whether the agent is in fact
infectious. Moreover, this is easier to maintain.

Slide 115: providing definitions for property characteristics would be
useful here - the difference between functional/inverse function may not
be clear from these examples (as a SIN is also functional - at least in
Canada)

Great job!

-=Michel=-