Re: RDF for molecules, using InChI

Alan Ruttenberg wrote:
> The W3C use of "representation" doesn't make sense to me. So it's hard
> for me to get past a sentence that uses that concept.
I tend to think that:
Thing = what is referenced by a URI, let's labeled it like T(uri)
representation = what is returned when a URI is dereferenced, let's
labeled it by R(uri).

The current problem is, if uri_1 = uri_2, then

T(uri_1) = T(uri_2) should always be true.

But, R(uri_1) = R(uri_2) is not necessarily true because it depends on
HOW and WHEN the URI is dereferenced.

The ambiguity on the semantics of R(uri) causes many problem and needs
to be clarified.

Xiaoshu