Re: PURL and PubMed ids

On Apr 20, 2007, at 12:07 PM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> sticking point is that the http-range14 might suggest that
> http://purl.org/commons/pmid/7451682 return 303 and redirect to the
> rdf, but purl.org does not support this behaviour.

We can always get a 303 by having purl.org's 302 response forward to
a URI that we provide (e.g. on sw.neurocommons.org or any other
server that we control). That server can then return a 303.

Not efficient or pleasant, and probably confusing to all user-agents,
but doable.

Eric P thinks we should lobby OCLC to add semweb support such as
redirection prefixes ending with non-/ (needed in order to support
Qnames for pubmed records, among other things).  303 redirects would
also best be handled at OCLC. The software is all open, I think, so
maybe if we implement the features, we can get OCLC to install them...

Jonathan