Re: Issue with Problem Oriented Medical Record OWL Ontology

At 6:18 PM -0700 4/11/07, Holger Knublauch wrote:
>Noah Cohen wrote:
>>  Hi,
>>  I'm new to Protege and ontologies, and I'm getting the following
>>issue with the POMR ontology from Chimezie.
>
>You may want to address the protege-owl mailing list with this problem.
>
>Also note that Protege is not the only ontology editor in the world.
>For example TopBraid Composer [1] can open this file without
>problems. While this is a commercial tool, you can exploit a free 30
>days evaluation period.
>
>Holger
>
>[1] http://www.topbraidcomposer.com

yes Holger,  (and if he wanted a free, open source editor that could
handle it I would recommend SWOOP [1])

However, I think the bigger issue here is that there were (and I
believe still are) some weirdnesses in the machine readability of the
FOAF namespace ( http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1 ) and that a number of
systems have problems with it (I notice if I try to load it directly
into SWOOP I still get XML parsing errors).  Lots of systems have
done various work arounds for this -- so when you report your error
to the Protege mailing list, you might also send it to the FOAF one,
we've been complaining about this for a couple years now, maybe if
some other folks yell as well we can get it so that the most used
Semantic Web vocabulary will actually conform to the standards it
promotes :-)
  -JH
[1] http://code.google.com/p/swoop/

--
How can you be in two places at once if you're not anywhere at all?
						(Firesign Theatre, 1969)