----- Message d'origine ----
De : AJ Chen
À : Ivan Herman
Cc : public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 14 Septembre 2006, 9h44mn 46s
Objet : Re: A question on the vocabulary for 'persons'

For experiment publishing ontology, I need a Person class to represent anybody involved in the research community. Here are the list of required properties in the current SPE specs.  I specifically point out the closest FOAF terms if available and their mismatched datat ypes.

 foaf:name
  foaf:title
  spe:jobTitle  no FOAF term
  spe:role   no FOAF term
  dc:type
  dc:subject
  spe:expertise   no FOAF term
  foaf:interest
  spe:hasPublication   URI of a Publication resource, but foaf:publications is a foaf:Document, not specific enough
  spe:currentProject   URI of a Project resource, but foaf:currentProject is a owl:thing, not specific enough
  spe:pastProject     URI of a Project resource, but foaf:pastProject is a owl:thing, not specific enough
  foaf:fundedBy
  spe:inGroup    URI of a Group resource, no foaf term
  spe:inOrganization     no foaf term
 spe:workContact     a blank node for work contact info like address and phone #; but foaf does not have these basic contact info
spe:altwebpage    URL of any web page that is about this person; could use foaf:homepage

 AJ

On 9/13/06, Ivan Herman  wrote:  AJ,

thanks for this answer. Would it be possible to elaborate a little bit
on what problems you have hit wen trying to use vCard (or FOAF)? It
would certainly help us in understanding the issues...

Thanks

Ivan

FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf#Me

--