Re: Extending BioDash

Nigam,

Sorry for the delay in responding...

To answer your question on how to build Collections of relations,
all you need to do in order to add members to a Collection is declare:

add { Nigams_relations   hs:member    :binds_to_promoter }

That sets the relation : binds_to_promoter to be a member of the
Collection "Nigams_relations"

Take a look at the chemistryCanvas.ad file in BioDash and look at the
":sampleChemicalRelations" Collection definition...

The basic tutorial documentation fro Haystack can be found at:
http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/documentation.html

for developers :  http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/developers/index.html

Hope this helps,

Eric

--- Nigam Shah <nigam@stanford.edu> wrote:

 > Hi,
 >
 > I recently installed BioDASH following instructions
 > at
 > http://www.w3.org/2005/04/swls/BioDash/Demo/install.html
 >
 > I got the demo installed and now want to play with
 > it (i.e. try and
 > extend it to see if it works). There is a collection
 > called 'Sample
 > chemical relations' that is provided with the demo.
 > Let's say I want
 > to create 'Nigam's relations' and add relations like
 > "binds_to_promoter" to it and define the
 > domain/range constraints for
 > it.
 >
 > Is there a place where there is tutorial on this? I
 > could create the
 > collection 'Nigam's relations' easily but cant find
 > an easy way to add
 > to it. The Add new item menu only allows adding of
 > new collections,
 > lists and to-do items. How to add a relation?
 >
 > Please point to any pointers, links to tutorials etc
 > that can be
 > useful here.
 >
 > --Nigam.
 >
 > ---------------------------------
 > Nigam Shah
 > Postdoctoral Fellow,
 > Stanford Medical Informatics.
 > Ph: 650.725.6236
 > Web: www.stanford.edu/~nigam/

Eric Neumann, PhD
co-chair, W3C Healthcare and Life Sciences,
and Senior Director Product Strategy
Teranode Corporation
83 South King Street, Suite 800
Seattle, WA 98104