From: John Rumble <jumbleusa@earthlink.net>
To: AJ Chen <canovaj@gmail.com>; public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Sent: Friday, June 9, 2006 1:05:25 PM
Subject: Re: scientific publishing task force update

There has been some important work done on this subject over the last 20 years. A. Shoshoni, F. Olken and others wrote some very insightful papers about differentiating between different types of independent variables in an experiment. I have given several talks in recent years about the problem of evolving scientific knowledge and changing scientific language and how that impacts capturing a description of an experiment. I especially  have focused on how new knowledge about independent variables is inevitable and how that affects ontology development and data integration efforts. I can send these along to whomever is interested.

John

Dr. John Rumble
Technical Director
Information International Associates