Fwd: BioRDF [Telcon]: slides for the UMLS presentation

Seems like rights restrictions on standard ontologies (within UMLS
for example) could be a significant hindrance to semantic web efforts.

John, Daniel,
I wonder if this may be an area where Science Commons (and the NCBO)
can help?
i.e. By encouraging the rights owners for ontologies to open them up
to allow the semantic web to make full and flexible use of them, and
by drafting standard terms on which this might be done...
[And by identifying/prioritizing problem areas where there may be a
need for  the creation of alternate non-rights-encumbered ontologies?]

Matt

Begin forwarded message: