Re: Semantic web article in Nature Biotechnology

here is a link to a paper that is about to appear in "Computers in
Biology and Medicine:An International Journal" (elsevier).

http://www.iit.demokritos.gr/~alexv/publications/draftCBM_valarakos.pdf

The paper specifies (in section 3.1 & 4.1) design paradigms for the building
of formally defined ontologies following the well accepted stages of
ontology design and enforcing generally accepted design criteria properly
adapted to the allergen domain. This experience can be useful to other
relevant areas in biomedicine, as well.

In more details, section 3.1 presents some general principles concerning the
design of a domain ontology.
Section 4.1 presents the decisions taken during the building of the ontology
following the design principles presented in section 3.1. It also discusses
the problems encountered and the solution given.

hope that helped,

Alexandros V.

Alexandros G. Valarakos
Ph.D. Student at the Dep. Of Information & Communication Systems
Engineering, University of the Aegean, Samos.
Research Associate at the Inst. of Informatics & Telecommunications,
N.C.S.R. "Demokritos", 15310 Aghia Paraskevi, Athens-Greece.
Home Page: http://www.iit.demokritos.gr/~alexv
email: alexv@iit.demokritos.gr