[presentation-api] Multiple presentation URLs including non-http/https URL

From: Tomoyuki Shimizu via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 10:53:16 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
tomoyukilabs has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api:

== Multiple presentation URLs including non-http/https URL ==
I am wondering how should non-http/https URL like `dial:` be handled in [Constructing a presentation request](http://w3c.github.io/presentation-api/#constructing-a-presentationrequest)?

I've found an issue: The recent update on WPT has replaced a URL including Cast ID into `dial:`. (see https://github.com/w3c/web-platform-tests/pull/7410). This change works well on Chrome, however calling Presentation API on Firefox for Android would result in `SecurityError` due to the `dial:` URL

This behavior seems to be based on the current spec:

> If any member of presentationUrls is not an a priori authenticated URL, then throw a SecurityError and abort these steps.

I guess that we should additionally consider how to deal with multiple URLs including incompatible one. WDYT?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/446 using your GitHub account