Re: Agenda for Second Screen WG/CG F2F at TPAC (was: Register for TPAC 2017 to attend Second Screen WG/CG F2F)

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi <
anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

> Hi Second Screen WG/CG,
>    Mark, Mounir, Chris,
>
> > On 14 Sep 2017, at 16.49, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello Second Screen WG participants,
> >
> > Our next F2F will take place during TPAC in Burlingame, California.
> Please remember to register for the meeting at:
> >  https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2017/
> >
> > Other events seem to be taking place around that area during the same
> week, so note flights and hotels are filling up fast!
>
> Now that you all have hopefully registered, it is a good time to look at
> the F2F agenda.
>
> I put up proposed F2F topics to the wiki to start the discussion:
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Second_Screen/Meetings/Nov_2017_F2F#Agenda
>
> (on mobile, click the topic to expand)
>
> Mark - given the Presentation API has had only minor revisions lately, I'd
> expect most of the F2F time spent on the Open Screen Protocol topics. Feel
> free to suggest more concrete breakdown of topics for the protocol-level
> discussions.

I tagged some items from the Presentation API with 'F2F' in GitHub.  I
would only like to spend one slot on it if possible, so I will cull these
back to focus on priority items around testing, going to PR, and the
highest priority items for Level 2 work in my view.  Tentatively, we can
use the 120m slot on Monday for Presentation API.

> Mounir, Mark - any topics you'd like to cover for the Remote Playback API
> in particular? My expectation is we're able to publish the CR before TPAC
> and as such should discuss the CR feedback received prior to TPAC. The
> current open issues do not seem to require too much discussion beyond #41
> that is pending implementation experience.

I think focusing on testing and implementation status would be best here,
with remaining time on open issues.  Some contributions to Open Screen for
the Remote Playback API would help address the open item on interop :)

I believe remote playback API can be handled in the 75m slot, along with
further discussion of rechartering if necessary.

> Chris - does the proposed joint session with the Media and Entertainment
> IG on Monday afternoon still work for your group? I'd suggest we meet right
> after lunch, say 2-3pm on Monday. OK?
>
> All - please let us know any topics you'd like to see discussed at the F2F
> that may have been missed. If you haven't yet registered but would like to
> attend, please do so by 6 October 2017. You can make edits directly to the
> wiki or simply reply to this mail with your suggestions.
>
> Looking forward to another productive Second Screen F2F at TPAC 2017!

The Open Screen Work is moving quickly and I will propose a more detailed
agenda when it gets closer.