Re: [presentation-api] Presentation Testing API

From: Google <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 18:52:25 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
@louaybassbouss The Presentation API implementation in Chrome consists of multiple layers spread across different process types.  Chrome runs Web Platform Tests on the content/ layer, which (in Chrome) excludes any device-specific logic.  The "fake" screen would have to be implemented in content/; so parts of the implementation of the Presentation API would be shared between "real" screens and "fake" screens.  Others would not.

As part of supporting "fake" screens, we may decide to move more of the implementation into content/ to avoid having to duplicate the logic between "real" and "fake" screens.  This would improve test coverage for those aspects of the implementation.

I can provide more concrete feedback once we have a proposal for the functionality of a "fake" screen.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mfoltzgoogle
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/presentation-api/issues/440#issuecomment-340055798 using your GitHub account