Re: [remote-playback] Remote playback device capabilities not always a subset of local playback device's

From: Anssi Kostiainen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:01:47 +0000
To: public-secondscreen@w3.org
There are two classes of interoperability issues discussed in #41:

* a feature X is not working locally, but can work remotely
* a feature X is not working remotely, but can work locally

This issue is about the former. The issue #41 is (mainly) about the latter.

The text we put in place for the purposes of the CR publication in the [Status of This Document][1] captures the broader interoperability issue, but I still see merit in being explicit in these two classes of issues, since the solutions to them are likely different.

Let's discuss the possible solutions to the "not working locally, but can work remotely" issue in here.

[1]: https://w3c.github.io/presentation-api/#status-of-this-document

--
GitHub Notification of comment by anssiko
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/remote-playback/issues/88#issuecomment-338967091 using your GitHub account